- Society of Actuaries (SOA): “Model for Leveraging College (MLC): Three Steps to Build a Rewarding Actuarial Career”
Actuaries are known for the models we build. Our models help us use the known to navigate the unknown. For many, the journey as an actuarial candidate is unknown and even intimidating. This article aims to help aspiring actuaries get the most out of this journey through “MLC” — Model for Leveraging College. “MLC” is built on my personal experience and lessons I learned from reading extensively, conducting countless informational interviews, and attending dozens of professional conferences across the U.S… It is my sincere hope that the three steps outlined in this article will help those who desire to have a rewarding actuarial journey.
- Fox School of Business: “Fox School undergraduates take first place in national risk-management case competition”
- Fox Focus Magazine (Fall 2016 issue): “Fox School undergraduates take first place in national risk-management case competition”
- Property Casualty 360: “21 university teams take the 2016 Spencer-RIMS Risk Management Challenge And the winner is… Temple University!”
“Winning the competition is an extraordinary closing on the last chapter of my Temple journey,” Zhao said. “It signifies the high caliber of future business leaders Fox School has nurtured.”
- Metro Chinese Weekly (February 6, 2015 issue): 《一个费城中国大学生的故事》
“Fox really prepared me to be a professional,” said Zhao, who is also minoring in Computer Science. “While at the summit I was able to connect and network with people on a very professional level and confidently present the case studies to my peers. I love Temple, I love the program and the professors.”
Co-valedictorian Zilong Zhao has attended school in three different countries, but said he’d never felt as accepted or encouraged as he did during his time at Lakeland. “The class of 2012 has displayed too much kindness to be mentioned,” he said.
-The Times Tribune, Scranton, PA
The Senior Homecoming Court at Lakeland Jr./Sr. High School was announced at Homecoming festivities held the weekend of Sept. 30, Oct.1. The court included, from left: Mckensie Currow, Katie Holt, Kayla Phillips, Jennie Lashinski, Home-coming Queen Shelby Gallis, Homecoming King Zilong Zhao, Stanley Kaminsky, Kyle Cosgrove, Joe Penechinsky, Jim Germann.